“What the heck happened to my YouTube Channel layout..
I don’t see any navigation links?”
That’s what people have been asking since YouTube
changed their channel layout feature.
If you have a relatively new YouTube Channel you won’t see the navigation links under your channel banner.
If you don’t customize the layout of your YouTube Channel, all visitors will see is your channel feed. After I turned on customization, the links appeared under the channel banner.
Here’s how to customize the layout of your YouTube Channel:
- Notice under the channel art there are no navigation links
- Click on the cog icon under the channel banner
- Where it says “customize the layout of your channel”..turn
this on by clicking the slider
- Click “save”
- Now you notice that the navigation links have
appeared under the channel art.
- If I click on “for new visitors” then you want to add a channel trailer so you can welcome unsubscribed visitors to your channel.
- Click “add a section” so you can add a section of content
- Click the drop down box..you can show popular uploads , liked videos, posted videos to your channel home page and you can display as a horizontal or vertical list
- After you’ve done that click “done”
- If you hover over this pencil icon, you can change the channel icon
- Click on “channel art”..you can add channel art from your computer
- If you hover over this pencil icon you can edit the
links on your channel art
- You can set up an email address
- You can also set up a channel description so hover over the pencil icon,
you can change the description
- If you click on “for returning subscribers” ..you can click on the pencil icon and you can add featured content, show your latest uploads, latest activity, add a section, etc
- If you want to add a discussion tab to your navigation links,
click on the cog icon again
- And it says “show discussion tab”..so click on that
- This will allow your fans to comment on your channel
- You can display automatically or don’t display until approved
- You can also reach audiences in foreign countries by
clicking the “translating channel info”
- You can add language here or translate a description
- So we click “save”
- Now you can see we’ve got a discussion tab added to the navigation menu
- Under Privacy..you can “keep all liked videos and saved playlists private”..turn that on or off
- “Keep all my subscriptions private”..you can turn that on or off
- You can access more options in “account settings”
- You can do “likes and subscriptions”…”activity feed” and under “customize the layout of your channel”, you can also access more options in “advanced settings”
- You can change the country , advertisements, link your adwords account, link associated websites with your account, add channel recommendations, subscriber counts, add your google analytics property tracking ID
Now you know how to customize the layout of your YouTube Channel
Download my video upload checklist at:.
You’ll learn the 10 things that you need to do before going live with your video on YouTube.